Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tulips, Ships, and Miniatures



I met a girl since I have been here her name is Mandy.  She is smart, intelligent, helpful and good with a map.  We have been talking a lot and she has been a great help to me while we have been traveling.  In fact I couldn't have done any traveling without her.  Also I think I can say that Mandy has saved my marriage.  Now before you go accusing me of being unfaithful to my wife I must let you know that Mandy is the voice on the GPS system I was using.  If it wasn't for us having the GPS system the only place we would have gotten was lost.   Charles has been so gracious to let us borrow it and it has helped immensely.  The reason I said that Mandy has saved my marriage is because if I didn't have her Leah would be helping me with the maps and we both  concluded that that would have led to a lot of strife and frustration between us.

Yesterday we were able to see the Tulip's at Keukenhof.  We were a few weeks late seeing the fields overflowing with Tulips, but we were able to see the many Tulips they had setup in their garden area(kind of like the Missouri Botanical Gardens, but larger) they also had numerous other flowers of which I can't remember the names of.  


We also got to visit a Spice running ship from the 1600's called the Batavia.  It was pretty neat, but we showed up to late so we couldn't get onto the ship.  

We also got to see Maduradam which is a miniaturized version of the country of Holland.  I believe the scale is 1/25 the size of the actual.  So we basically got to see all the greatest sites in the country of Holland in one trip.  

Tomorrow we will be taking it easy because today was such a draining day.  I spent most of the day driving.  We will visit an old Nazi camp that held jews tomorrow so that should be interesting. 

I am having trouble posting photos so if you desperately need to see some send me your email and I can send an invite to you.

No comments: