Monday, May 12, 2008

Holland Here We Are

                 Leah and Hans in front of the grave markers
















Welcome to the Newly created Feeler Family Blog, I have created not only to log our trip to Holland, but hopefully after we get back I will continue to update it with what is going on in our lives.

Well the plane flight here could only be described as CRAMPED.  We rode a 757 which is a quite a bit smaller from the 777 I have been used too.  It had two rows of 3 compared to the 777's three Rows of 3 seats.  But, we survived.  Leah got a few hours sleep, I got about 45 minutes of sleep and Hans just stayed up playing the Trivia Game on the touch screen in front of him.  

We had a two hour van ride to Klindijk (pronounced Klondike, Like the frozen treat!!!) and from the times I was conscious it was a beautiful drive.  We arrived where Charles and Heindrika were happy to see us and have been more than hospitable towards us.  

As I write this it is Monday here and yesterday was Pentacost and in Holland they get Pentacost and the day after off as a holiday.   So things are quiet here.  We went and checked out some old tombs that weren't to far away I'll put a few pictures of them on the bottom of the page.  We drove around some more and at first I had a little trouble getting used to driving the little VW Polo we have rented...I killed it like 4 or 5 times, which brought many laughs from the neighbors ( Europeans always get a kick out of seeing us Americans look stupid) .  I felt like I was just learning to drive a stick.  Anyways I will try to keep updating this daily with what we do.  Leah, Hans, and I plan on going to The Haag and the Tulip fields tomorrow on our own so it should be interesting.